The sun on your face is synonymous with summer, but you can still make great memories of time by the seaside with salty hair and sandy toes, minus the sunburn. Here are 5 great reasons to pack a sunhat next time you're heading to the ocean.
1. Protection from Harmful UV Rays: A sunhat with UPF50+ provides an additional layer of defense against the sun's harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, reducing the risk of sunburn and long-term skin damage.
2. Shielding the Face and Neck: Wearing a sunhat at the beach shields your face and neck from direct exposure to intense sunlight, helping to prevent sunburn and potential heat-related discomfort.
3. Eye Protection: A wide-brimmed sunhat can reduce glare and help protect your eyes from intense sunlight. You can reduce the risk of eye strain and potential long-term damage caused by prolonged exposure to UV rays, as well as reduce the likelihood of wrinkles caused by squinting.
4. Maintain your hair colour: Keep your hairdresser happy and preserve their hard work. Coloured tresses can suffer unsightly damage from the sun, so tuck away your beautiful locks under a wide-brimmed hat.
5. It's called fashion: Apart from its practical benefits, a sunhat can also serve as a cute beach accessory, adding a touch of style to your beach attire and complementing your overall nautical vibe.
Browse the Sunday Afternoons range of stylish summer hats and secure stylish sun protection for your next trip to the beach.